Thursday, December 13, 2012

Year in Review: Where the Hell Did Time Go?!

For me, December always creeps up. One minute I am scrambling to get Halloween costumes in line and the next it is December 1st. Cards need to get written, addressed, stamped and mailed. Madison's birthday plans need to be made. X-mas festivities, over indulgence of all sorts, and in the blink of an eye, I am waking up at the dawn of a new year.

From a not too recent conversation with my brother, he explained how he loathed getting cards in the mail that included a letter from the sender recapping their year. I personally love these. It may be a generic mass mailing, but it lets me know that if the shit that goes on in a year are okay enough for other people to share their stories, people really do adapt and overcome. 

Over the next few days and weeks that remain of this year I am going to be reflecting on the year I just went through. The good, the bad and the ugly. All in all 2012 was a fairly smooth year. Sure there were some ups and downs, but there were far more ups than downs.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Constructive criticisms are appreciated. SPAM is not. Comment away, people!