Monday, December 17, 2012

Year in Review: March

As I sit here and type these reflections, I actually have to have my Moleskine sitting here with me because I can't really remember everything that happened all that well. Fortunately, I do write everything...every sneeze, fart, event, you name it...into my Moleskine. I would be such an unorganized wreck if it weren't for that little black notebook.

Looking back through the pages, March was an interesting month.

1. Robert & Madison both went to the dentist for the first time. R went because he fell off a chair and into his sister's bunk bed, smashing his sweet little face and knocking some teeth loose. M went because she was jealous that R got a toothbrush as a prize. However, when we got there with M, we found out she had rotten teeth due to drinking apple juice every night. The dentist told her to stop, and she did. Cold turkey quitting the apple juice. Praise the Higher Powers That Be!

2. Dad had surgery to remove his cancerous prostate. It was a success! However, the doc had discovered that in the 6 weeks it had been from diagnosis to removal, the cancer had begun to metastasise. Fortunately for Pops, the surgeon got it all and he has been cancer free ever since.

3. I got a part time waitressing job at this shitty, Jewish deli up in No Man's Land (aka Valencia). I would like to say that it started out as being fun and went down hill from there, but that is not the case. The owner was a perv, who would always ask me if I would ever leave Mark and my kids to join him in Aruba and his daughter, the GM, hated life and took it out on everyone who hadn't worked there for at least 5 years, and if you happened to be a woman as well, she hated you even more. I think I put up with it for about 6 weeks, only because it was nice to get out of the house for a few hours every few days.

Yeah, March was interesting. Glad it is over!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Constructive criticisms are appreciated. SPAM is not. Comment away, people!