Sunday, December 16, 2012

Year in Review: February

To be honest with you, I don't really remember much of what happened in February.

There was Valentine's Day, of course. I remember I got a phalaenopsis orchid from Mark that I could look at while I did dishes.

It was beautiful, but the light in the kitchen window isn't ideal for growing plants, and my ability to care for houseplants like I used to had diminished with each child I gave birth to.

So needless to say this beautiful plant bloomed, withered and died.

Mark, if you're reading this, I don't need beautiful plants. I don't need chocolate (neither does my ass). I don't need bling, rings or anything fancy. It is all very nice and all, but my tastes are simple.

What I do like, in terms of a Valentine's Day gift:
-Handwritten sentiments on scraps of paper that clutter our home. I like to save these in a special place so that I can re-read them at my leisure and remember just what we were going through on the day you wrote it.
-Handmade cards from our kids.
-Long hugs.
-Juicy kisses.

And if you want to do something nice for me on V-Day, please consider this: A foot rub goes a long way!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Constructive criticisms are appreciated. SPAM is not. Comment away, people!