Friday, January 25, 2013

I Am


I am Emily. I am a wife. I am a mother.
I am a daughter.
I am a sister.

I am a lover, not a fighter.
I am a smoker, a toker, not a midnight joker.

I am not ashamed of anything I have done. I am not embarrassed.

I am writing these things down to clear my mind, not to entertain you, though hopefully these ramblings will entertain you.

I am feeling nauseous, so I am going to drink another cup of coffee.

I am remembering the last time I made a list like this I was 22 and working at a BBQ restaurant...oh that BBQ restaurant. "I can't name the spot/They don't merit the promotion."


The last time I made a list as such I was 22 and working as a waitress and a baker at this craptastic barbeque restaurant in Venice. I can remember that it was a ridiculously hot day and no one, NOT A SINGLE DAMN PERSON came in to get a pulled pork sandwich or otherwise. So after I doled out a bunch of chores that needed to be done to the dishwashers and bus guys, I sat down and prepared a list of about 200 things that I was.

I recently found this list...

Highlights:
1. I am a sexual being. (whatever that meant)
2. I am in need of a good lay. (Oh, that's what I meant!)
3. I am an old lady on the inside. (der...probably then too.)

So basically, I was a horny grandma when I was 22. Hahaha, I love finding old lists that I've made. Makes for a good laugh...most of the time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Constructive criticisms are appreciated. SPAM is not. Comment away, people!