Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Exceptional

These past few days have been really exceptional:

Friday: My best friend came to town.
Saturday: Adult Birthday Party, complete with mexican food and drag queens
Sunday: Beach Day!
Monday: My dirty 30th birthday, including psychic reading, psychiatrist appointment and cake & ice cream with the kids and Marie.

I really couldn't have asked for a better birthday weekend. I just want to thank everyone who came out to Marix & Hamburger Mary's on Saturday, plus all of the love and well wishes y'all have shown me on Facebook/cell phone messages.

I've always hated birthdays, mostly because I was too depressed to function like a "normal" human being. As a kid, I remember getting super excited for my birthday, but crying for hours after everyone left, because I suddenly felt so alone.

However, these  past few birthdays have been great. Just simple gatherings of people, but so much more than that. People came out of the woodwork to go to my 28th b-day, whether it was because they wanted to see me, or that they happened to be at the same bar. 29 was just as it should have been and 30 was spectacular!

Turning 30 isn't bad, and I don't see why people get all craze about doing so. Sure, you're not as young as you used to be and you can't recover as quickly from the night before, but it is a new chapter in life. One that steps back and watches for a minute, rather than being the one being watched. there are other stories that are a pleasure to see play out before me. I definitely feel more mature, or responsible, but I also feel new and refreshed, like I've turned the page. I feel more acceptance with life, and that feels good.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Constructive criticisms are appreciated. SPAM is not. Comment away, people!