Sunday, October 17, 2010

Kale Chips

This morning was fun. At about 9:00 I had to rescue Madison from the wrath of her father...although I can COMPLETELY sympathize with him. She was running around screaming and yelling at everything and everyone.

Well, I told her to get some clothes on (clothing is optional for 3 year olds, dontchaknow?!) and we drove on down to the Hollywood Farmer's Market. I absolutely LOVE this market! Good selection of food (they have everything from the normal fruits and veggies to seafood, meat, eggs and cheese.), live music, and awesome people watching (like the toothless bass player doing a duet with the 90234323 year old jazz clarinet player...or the lavender guy. he is a character!).

We bought a baguette, yellow cherry tomatoes, sage goat cheese, a mini pumpkin for Robert, a BIG pumpkin for Maddy, a vegan "chocolate" chip cookie, and a bunch of kale for $15!

Now I have been looking for kale in our local Ralph's supermarket, but to no avail. When I saw the kale ($1.50 a bunch) I was so excited. I snapped it up and when we got home I began making kale chips!

They taste sort of nutty, and have the texture of carbon paper, but are super yummy. In fact, I just plowed through the entire batch that I just made in a matter of minutes.


Your ingredients:
Olive oil
bunch of kale
salt
pepper

1. Preheat oven to 400°F.
2. LIGHTLY brush each leaf with olive oil and sprinkle LIGHTLY with salt and pepper.
3. Pop those babies into the oven. Bake for 20 minutes, flipping half way through.
4. DEVOUR!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Constructive criticisms are appreciated. SPAM is not. Comment away, people!