Monday, October 11, 2010

First day back at preschool

Today marks the first day back at preschool for Madison since she went on summer vacation back in June. She started back at a different school than the one we took her out of, so naturally Mark and I were a bit apprehensive about how this morning would go. However, excitement was in the air this morning as we got dressed, brushed out teeth and hair and ate a soft boiled egg for breakfast. We packed up her little sleeping bag for nap time and her plastic shoe box full of extra clothes, as well as a painting she had done for her teacher.

I should mention that her teacher at the new school is the same teacher as the old school. This was a deciding factor in choosing where to send her.

We got into the car and started driving. She was still excited. Praise Jesus!

When we got to the end of White Oak Avenue she bust out in joy, screaming "There is my school!"

We arrived, unloaded the car and walked into her classroom. All the other 3 year olds stared at her like they were starving wolves and she were fresh meat! Ha! I've never been the new kid in school, so I have no idea what it feels like, but this was making me excited just thinking about all the new friends she was going to make!

Before I left, I gave her a big hug and kiss and told her to go introduce herself and ask the other children if they wanted to play. She said okay.

My little girl is growing up. Although I didn't cry, I did feel my heart get a little heavy as I drove home...

But as soon as I got there, it was almost as if I had crossed the finish line of a marathon! I was so happy to be able to do chores quickly and be able to play with Robert all day!

Haha, I hope she is having a good time, cause I sure am!


First day of school!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Constructive criticisms are appreciated. SPAM is not. Comment away, people!